The Castle of Avrilly has guarded the eastern steps to the Duchy of Normandy since the 12th century. Destroyed circa 1378 and converted into a stately farm at the end of the 15th century, important remnants can still be seen today including the typical Anglo-Norman keep, the shell-keep. The association “Les Amis du Donjon” is involved in maintaining and enhancing the site thus organising special open days as well as guided tours for groups, schools and families.
In the 11th century, the Estate of Avrilly was given by Rollo, the leader of the Vikings, to one of his companions, Bernard le Danois, ancestor of the Harcourt family.
- Average duration of the individual visit: 120 min
- Average duration of the group visit: 60 min
- Welcome group from 15 person(s) to 50 people.